Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Post in Which the Universe Has Righted Itself

Little known fact: I like being proved wrong.

Yesterday, I got a nice phone call from the gentleman who rear-ended me, and after he explained to me how sorry he was not getting back with me sooner due to a bout of food poisoning, I physically shrunk in my chair. I recalled all the negative thoughts that were swirling around my head over the weekend and the waste of energy created from feeling so "wronged." "You probably thought I was a jerk," he said after I picked up the phone. I nodded, but moved the conversation in another direction - to our respective backgrounds in music. Turns out young fella has a talent for signing and writing (I checked his website out after our conversation) and has a show tonight. I don't know if I'll have time to check it out, but I told him I would put him in touch with the new producer for Thacker Mountain Radio.

Now, I still think you should file a police report after a car accident just for the record, but I'm glad I rose above aggression. Doesn't the South - no, the World - have enough of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment