Monday 18 July 2011

Bedrooms that blow me away

Good morning hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We did, it was actually pretty relaxing despite having another tournament for my son, but this one was thankfully local. We are winding down with the tournaments and I am not complaining! As we are nearing the final stages of the house, the decisions are coming at us fast and furious and I need all the attention, focus and clear thinking I can muster! I love bedrooms and now that I am really starting to think about my own in the new house, I have been paying a lot of attention to them, how they are furnished, what kinds of bedding is used, if wallpaper is being used in the bedrooms that I tend to be drawn to, lighting, etc.....its all in the details and how those details all come together! I am drawn to softer colors, love the idea of a bedroom feeling like you have been enveloped in a cocoon of luxuriousness and serenity. 
I tend to favor the soft blues and creams but every now and then I surprise myself by being really attracted to a bedroom that is not in line with what I typically like. So today is a post about some beautiful bedrooms that for one reason or another is just very inspirational. Many different styles pictured here from casually coastal to very formal, but they are all lovely!  I love seeing extra seating in a bedroom, whether it be a chaise lounge, a bench at the foot of the bed, a pair of love seats or a huge comfy over sized club chair and ottoman. Whats your ideal bedroom? Always love to know!

Love this super elegant and equally beautiful bedroom by Sandra Nunnerly
Love everything about this inviting and gorgeous bedroom, Jean Randazzo
Taylor Hannah designed this opulent and formal bedroom
Always like seeing the creams and the pale grays together, beautiful serene bedroom by Palms Design group
Love the way the soft muted earth tones blend so melodically here, Suzanne Tucker
How about this cream puff of a bedroom? Mary McDonald
Soft tones in a more transitional bedroom, Jan Showers
Love the softness from the white tufted headboard and all white linens, Southern Accents
Fern Santini created this elegant oasis with a glamorous touch
Something fun about this guest room, all the different patterns with a punch of color, Massucco, Warner, Miller
One of my favorite designers, Phoebe Howard created this vision in cream
I am drawn to the super soft colors here, House and Home
Grand island tropical elegance, DLGV
Really liking the dark brown in this room, Traditional Home
Beautiful fabric on the upholstered headboard, Veranda
This would be akin to sleeping on a cloud! House Beautiful
Love the all white here, Bernd Haussman
A subtle punch of pale blue in an otherwise white washed room, quite pretty! Palms Design group
Another sumptuous pale beauty, how gorgeous is this? Belclaire House
The cool grays paired with crisp white are always stunning, Sandra Nunnerly
How about this vision in white against those gorgeous very dark floors? Robert Stern
How luxurious is this cream and white confection? Mary McDonald

And in honor of Mosaic Monday here is a little recap:
Well....get any ideas? Have a favorite here? I love seeing gorgeous inspiration but admittedly it can sidetrack and overwhelm me when you have to narrow it down to ONE thing!! I feel like I am making progress however and I cannot imagine having gone through this process without the Internet, God bless bless those brains that created it some thirty or forty years ago! Hope you have a wonderful day....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment