Sunday 4 March 2012

Random Sunday musings and a winner!

Good morning! Hope you are having a wonderful and peaceful weekend. Things are pretty calm over here, no complaints! This is one of those posts that's all over the map. A few updates, a new round of "tag" questions and a few odds and ends. First order of business however is to announce the winner of the stunning transferware pitcher from Bonny Neiman. I used Randompicker to pick a winner.  Congratulations to....

Prize IDWinner IDPublic InfoPrivate InfoRandom Sorting IDWeight
1: pitcher1288801nita jo00294FA9-A9F8-45C0-81B8-520D474E964F1

Please contact me ASAP to provide your shipping details.

A few things happening on the homefront. Not a whole lot this week. I must say my concentration has been trying to wrap up the remaining work here in the house, yes we still have quite a few workers here so it doesn't totally feel like my house yet as I am sharing it during the day with a bunch of workers. I am ready to close the door to all of them however. I want my house back! 
I am also busy working on the online store which I have to say is really exciting for me as I love the things I am carrying, very anxious to show you everything! As far as the lantern debate, thank you all of you who commented, but to be clear the lanterns are not black, they are a antique brass and are a very nice compliment to the hardware on the stove, FYI. At this point I have decided to keep them on order and will get them in April. I am likely going to hang them and try them out for a few days...then make my decision. You know you are going to be right there with me and that once again I will be asking for your help.


So first another picture of the lantern which shows the finish better...


And speaking of new lighting...meet the newest addition to our lighting family..this in a small vestibule between library and living room, its a beautiful antique fixture we were told from France.



Wallpaper has been a buzz word this week. For a few bathrooms......
This is a small guest bathroom.....what do you think of the white and tan toile with the white and tan basketweave floor? I want it feeling French and feminine



Close up of the floors

Decided on this one for the powder room...both were beautiful, not a bad choice but somehow the yellow adds a certain freshness to this room and it gets a lot of sunlight, so I think this will be a nice compliment to the pale gray and white marble

Horrible pics...I apologize. But remember this one? Well as is often the case its the very first one I chose for the main powder room and I have gone back to it, as my favorite. It really works so well. Thoughts?
Remember this great little French chair? Thinking of reupholstering it in a pretty soft blue and white linen and adding it to my bathroom.

OK moving on......




Next item up for discussion....Stacy from Conspicuous Style, yes that Stacy, the uber talented designer who has that gorgeous droolworthy home, "tagged' me and though I had already been tagged and participated, her questions were too good not to take on. So here I am in another round, I think this is actually a fantastic way to get to know more about our favorite bloggers, what excites them, makes them tick and how they view life in general. So here is Stacy's very insightful and thought provoking questions.....


How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? This really made me pause Stacy, I had to wrestle with this one a bit…... but finally I think I would be 20, my whole life ahead of me, anything is possible! No aches and pains, like a young chick, eager and ready to take life by the horns!

What is your least favorite quote? Probably when someone says "hold on a second" I mean seriously why say it, and it REALLY gets to me when someone says hold on "half a second" I mean do you really think its going to a be half a  second? Do you just feel cool saying "half a second"?  Why not say what you mean and just say can you hold for 2 or 3 minutes? Geez!
(As you can tell this is a sore subject..... I was kept holding today for far too long)!

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? How I sometimes get myself to sleep if I am having trouble.I imagine I am "stuck' in a small but beautiful ski cottage way up on the mountain in the middle of a major snowstorm, the fireplace is roaring and its the ultimate in comfort/cozy. Somehow this image soothes me and normally I drift off like a little baby.....

What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? Well if you asked me this 2 years ago...my number one thing to do would be to ATTEMPT to Climb Mt. Everest! I kid you not...I was totally obsessed with it, seeing every movie/documentary, devouring every book, really taken with the idea. No, I am not a mountain climber and the only time I climbed a mountain worth mentioning is when we were in Scottsdale and did a day hike, (all the while I was envisioning it was me climbing Everest and my husband and kids were my sherpas...lol

 Has your greatest fear ever come true? No and I hope it never will!

Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Never be able to make new ones.....I could and never would be able to give up my old memories, they are far too precious and keep me connected to the past.


 What would be the hardest thing for you to give up? COFFEE no hesitation there! But chocolate would be  a very close second, and truth is if you included caramel and nuts in that chocolate, the coffee and chocolate might have to wrestle each other to the ground to see which really is the one that would be hardest to give up:)

What's your worst/best memory of high school and why? Best memory is  all of my friends, being in the Prom court and overall having a great time in High school, worst memory is my boyfriend Jim and I breaking up right before Prom. Major drama...and imagine all that with no cell phones, no facebook to make this announcement, no texting! How did I survive!

What is the most rewarding experience you have had and what made it so? Probably despite its peaks and valleys, the experience of motherhood, its been overall really rewarding, cannot imagine life without my boys, and its really incredible to play such  a big role in helping to shape someones life.

If you had the chance to go back in time for 24 hours, where and when would you go? Honestly to some point when all three of my sons were all young,  like under 8. I have such great memories about bathing them early, putting them in their freshly laundered cozy pjs,  ALL OF US being dressed for bed at 5:30, hunkering down for Barney or some other cartoon and eating together as a family! When I closed my eyes knowing they were all safely ensconced in their little beds....priceless! Good times!


  If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, what would they be and why? Coffee maker, computer and washer! I need my coffee, cannot live with my computer and simply cannot imagine hand washing clothes:)



Now my turn! This time I am asking every reader to participate! All you need to do is copy and paste the questions in the comment section below and answer in one word. I cannot wait to hear from you! Thanks Stacy for keeping this going....love these thought provoking exercises that allow us to think about whats really important and get to know each other better in the process. Wishing everyone a fabulous Sunday!


If there could only be one season year round which would you choose?

You get to spend a month in Europe, and can only go to one place..is it Italy or France?

Red wine, white wine or champagne?

Dogs or cats?

One word that best describes your life right now.

One job you haven't had that would be a dream job.

One famous person you would love to meet.

One movie that you could watch again and again.

You are given a plane ticket to fly anywhere in the world this weekend, where are you going?

One decade you wish you could have lived in (including this one).

If you had to change your name, what would you name yourself?


Have fun!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment