Tuesday 18 June 2013

Quick and Easy July 4th Wreath


In just two short weeks, we'll turn the calendar page from June to July.  Summer is just flying by.  It's time to get ready to celebrate our nation's birthday.  A wreath on the front door is one of the best way show your spirit this Independence Day, and I'm going to show you how to make a quick and easy one.  To be honest, I made this wreath a year ago, and wrote the original post about it last July.  My blog wasn't available for public viewing back then, so I'm sure not many people saw it.  I thought some of my new readers would be interested in it, so I am rerunning the post with several updates.  For the few of you who may have already seen this - Sorry!  Check back later this week for some fresh, new, original posts!

HOW TO MAKE AN EASY LAST MINUTE FOURTH OF JULY WREATH

First gather your supplies.
  • Garland (I used four nine foot pieces purchased at JoAnn Fabrics)
  • Duct Tape
  • Wreath Form
  • Large Pre-Made Bow (or make your own if you're crafty like that)

Did you notice what I used as a wreath form?  That's right - it's a pool noodle!

Just connect the ends and secure them with duct tape and you have a perfect circle.  Genius!

Then I took my garland (I used 4 nine foot pieces) and wrapped it around the noodle until I made it back to where I started.  Each time I reached the end of a length of garland or added another length, I simply poked the wire running through the center of the garland into the noodle.

After just a few minutes I had this.
Well, almost...  I had to run to Dollar General to get this awesome bow.

After seeing how quick and easy it is to make one of these wreaths, are your wheels turning?  Mine are - I'm thinking about possibilities for Halloween wreaths and Valentine's Day wreaths, and the possibilities for Christmas are endless.  Get your noodles now, they won't be available when you want to make that fall or winter holiday wreath.
 
 
Linking To:
 
HookingupwithHoH

shabby creek cottage  It's Overflowing

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Life on Lakeshore Drive 

UndertheTableandDreaming  Home Stories A2Z


Today's Creative Blog My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Debbiedoo's
 

No comments:

Post a Comment