Monday 17 June 2013

Refreshing Lemon, Cucumber and Rosemary Spa Water


School is out, so summer is officially here in my book.  Now, more than at any other time of year, it’s important to stay hydrated.  Water is the best beverage to keep your fluid levels up, but sometimes it can be a bit boring.  It’s easy to jazz up your water the same way the fancy spas do by adding sliced fruits, vegetables and herbs.  About  a year ago I visited the Ritz Carlton Spa in Naples, Florida, where I discovered my favorite spa water combination – lemon, cucumber and rosemary.  After returning from that trip, I immediately set out to replicate the recipe.  I really can’t tell any difference between my lemon, cucumber and rosemary spa water and the spa water from the Ritz Carlton.  If you’d like to hydrate the same way the rich and famous do, here’s my recipe.

REFRESHING LEMON CUCUMBER AND ROSEMARY SPA WATER
This recipe will fill an average size drink dispenser like the one pictured.  If you’d like to make it in a two liter pitcher, cut the recipe in half.

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 Lemons
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 1-2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary


DIRECTIONS
  • Wash your lemons thoroughly  (to remove any germs that may be present on the peels).
  • Slice your lemons and cucumbers.

  • Place lemons and cucumbers in the bottom of your drink dispenser.  
  • Crush the rosemary in your hand to release the fragrance.  Add to the drink dispenser.
  • Fill the drink dispenser with cold water.  Refrigerate and allow flavors to steep for several hours or overnight.

To me, this recipe has just enough flavor to make it interesting, but it’s not overpowering.  My daughter says it tastes like “liquid salad in a glass.”  Lol!  It’s a funny way to describe it, but she isn’t wrong. 
This is just one of many ways you can make yourself a refreshing pitcher of spa water to stay hydrated and healthy this summer.  So many combinations of fruits, veggies and herbs would work.  Do you have a favorite?  I’d love it if you’d share.


Linking To:
 
HookingupwithHoH

shabby creek cottage  It's Overflowing

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Life on Lakeshore Drive 

UndertheTableandDreaming  Home Stories A2Z


Today's Creative Blog My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Debbiedoo's
 

No comments:

Post a Comment