Monday 9 September 2013

Antler mania!

Hello there and happy Monday morning to you.  How was your weekend? Ours was very nice, a Friday night football game, some US Open tennis, dinner with great friends, and plenty of down time on Sunday to enjoy the most spectacular weather we have had in ages. Breezy, high 60's, bright skies....it doesn't get better than that! Fall is definitely on our doorstep and it has me thinking about all kinds of things from cooking up our favorite comfort foods, getting to wear beautiful soft cool weather layers and  creating cozy inviting interiors as we get ready for the "hibernation season".

One thing I really like is antlers. There are obviously real and many many faux. I have bought two very good faux antlers and  had just the spot for one but unfortunately it will not work so I am scouring my home to find out where else I might use them.....have this mild obsession with antlers. Think the first time I fell in love with them is when I visited my aunts spectacular home in France and saw a limestone pair gracing their front door then once inside, they were in the gorgeous library, and then onto the kitchen.

While in France we were lucky to visit a few peoples homes and antlers seemed to be de rigour. I took notice and  made some personal notes. Antlers have become a pretty hot item, both faux and real. My latest thought is  I think I want to place them possibly above my stone hood in my kitchen and possibly in the family room at some point. Whats your opinion on them? Do you like them? I like that you now see them not only in very traditional interiors but modern and transitional ones as well...this decorative element though classic is proving it has a fun and funky side too......




 I like this space, simple and elegant, Bungalow Blue
A collection of pretty antlers is a fun way to dress up the wall on top of a pretty chest,,  Between naps on the front porch

 Leave it up to Ralph to create such a sumptuous table.....rustic perfection!

 The antler collection here is so ideal....Timothy Corrigan

Talk about making a major statement, check out this antler chandelier! Barefoot floor

  I think this space is pretty amazing, and a great mix of styles, Luella and June

 Suzanne Kasler took a bunch of white resin antlers and created a dramatic wall vignette in this more modern feeling space
 If I had a mountain/ski house...I owuld love to recreate this powder room, love that antler mirror!

The antler chandelier looks gorgeous on this beautiful porch, Houzz

 Jennifer Brouwer uses a pair of antlers above a mantle in this cozy transitional space beautifully

I really love them when used in conjunction with other elements like layering them with art, and other decorative objects, Pottery Barn

 Antlers are everywhere in France.......

 Love this amazing antler Chandler for this gorgeous outdoor space!

 Rinfret got it right with these stunning antler sconces...love this foyer!

 This is a great example of mixing the old and new, shiny and rustic....

 Gorgeous antlers in this sensational bath, Martyn Thompson

 This all white more transitional setting shows resin antlers work with all decors! Mary McGee

 Antlers in grand spaces like this chateau are a match made in heaven....

 This transitional office space gets an entire wall of antlers, makes for an interesting wall! House Beautiful
 They are a great way to add interest to any blank wall, Gretha Scholtz

 The antlers give this dark masculine space a wonderful added touch!

 Love this idea of adding a pair of antler to a gorgeous wreath!

 Have always loved this room by Kathleen Rivers


Even in a very monochromatic space...they add a sense of texture and interest, RH


I love antlers when paired with interesting art! 

 This showroom was filled with the most beautiful antler pieces, my own picture taken at Maison de Objet  show in Paris

 Sometimes antlers are used merely for decorative objects such as in this pretty kitchen, House Beautiful


So....thats a wrap up on antlers. What do you think? Like? Love? I would love to hear what you have to say on the matter. Hope you are off to having a fabulous day and a great week. Thanks for stopping in........



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment