Tuesday 23 August 2011

I've got the blues....in all its many shades!

Good morning. I have a small request. I get a fair number of anonymous comments which is totally fine. However many of those ask me questions about specifics on a post, like the name of a paint color or an architects name, and I am generally very prompt at getting back to people and always acknowledge the questions. But if you are anonymous I have no way of writing you back! So the best thing most likely to insure a reply is to click on the "email me" link on the right and it will allow you to email me directly with your question. Hope this clarifies things, as I am always more than happy to help/answer any questions.

Like blue? Me too, but I am sure that's not a big revelation if you have been coming to my blog for any length of time! I love blues from the palest milkiest grayest blues to the darkest inkiest navy. There is not a bad blue in my book. I find this color to be incredible versatile, uplifting, moody in a good way, dramatic when you want it to be and above all else beautiful! There are few colors paired with blue that don't look amazing, from all the neutrals all the way to rich browns. I know I will be using plenty of blue in my house as I start to decorate. So today is all about the many shades of blue that really light my fire. What is your opinion on blue? Like or love? Always love to know......
Love blue and cream, just so soothing
Love a little pop of navy in a white bathroom.....stunning! T.Keller Donovan
Rich navy is always a perfect choice against a white sofa, T.Keller Donovan
Nancy Corzine used a pale green blue in this pretty living room
This is a great little office with pops of blue, very cozy! Massucco, Warner Miller
How beautiful is this room in all its shades of blue against crisp white? Dreamy! 
Love blues in the outdoors, what a setting! Martyn Lawrence-Bullard
Love this guest room with different shades of blues, with a pop of coral/rose on the footstools, Sucasa
This is one of my personal favorite shades of blue.....so fresh!
A soft powdery blue on a living room wall brings instant serenity to the space, Suzanne Kasler
With pops of white this predominantly blue room feels elegant, airy and crisp, Diamond Baratta
How pretty is this fabulous room? Love the palest blue chairs, Leta Austin Foster
This gorgeous dramatic room gets a punch of beautiful blue, Nancy Corzine
This beautiful and serene room feels so calming with all this blue, Arch Digest
In the outdoors its nothing less than refreshing and elegant
Really like this room, the beautiful sapphire blue velvet chairs and subtle placement of blue on the pillows  and drapes is just gorgeous, Palm Design Group
I have always like navy with beige, such an elegant and timeless combination, Theodore and Co.
How about this rich blue chinoiserie for an elegant dining room? Sucasa Designs
Rich and royal.....love this setting, Thomas Burak
Love the crisp fresh feel here, the pop of the navies against the white is just stunning, Martyn Lawrence Bullard
One of my favorite colors blue, a pale gray blue
How about a vibrant royal blue paper in an otherwise light room? So pretty! Massucco, Warner Miller Designs
Navy is always a winner when paired with off white and rich wood, Lynn Morgan
One of my favorite shades, a pale gray blue, it is so soothing for a bedroom, House Beautiful
This blogland favorite is a stunning example of how stunning navy is in the bedroom, Mary McDonald
Love this cheery periwinkle blue bedroom, so uplifting! Lynn Morgan
Gorgeous dining room with subtle hints of pale pale blue, love the rug and of course the chinoiserie! Bear Hill Interiors
Love the elegant blue and white print here, Coastal Living
Traditional bedroom in soft blues against white, very serene and elegant
Gorgeous bedroom with a pale teal blue, Jan Showers
Love the blues against the creamy white walls in this fabulous dining room, Thomas Burak
Is there anything fresher than pale blue and crisp white, I don't think so! Leta, Austin and Foster

And a little recap on "the blues"...............

All this blue, has me feeling so happy...... I love blue, in all its many shades. How about you? Do you have any blue in your home? Have a favorite room here? Love to know your thoughts! Also don't forget about the exciting giveaway that Party Resources and I are doing from Peter Callahan. Click here to find out more. Wishing you have a wonderful day.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment