Thursday 25 August 2011

Things I am loving Thursday and house updates!

OMG I prepared a wonderful post for you that I spent a lot of time on last night and the entire thing erased!!!!!!! I cannot believe it! Here we go again, blogger please do not be acting up again. Has that ever happened to you? SO frustrating!! Better publish this before it happens again!
Busy busy week for me. A few little mishaps at the house but I am not going to dwell and I am glad they all worked out, but there were a few hair raising moments, to be expected when building I suppose! This week the post is house heavy as nearly all my time these days is consumed with finishing it up. It is the first week that I have visited that I felt like it was "home" and not just a construction site with no end in site. When I am there, it feels like home and like I don't want to leave and its really exciting to see it all finally come together.
I also attended a baby shower given by one of my best friends for her daughter who is so adorable and expecting her first baby. It was so lovely and the colors were bright pink and green aka Lilly Pulitzer. The setting was their beautiful boat club right on the water so the setting was so picture perfect despite the high humidity and overcast day. I start off with a few highlights then move on to the house and a few things I am loving this week.
How beautiful is this arrangement that greeted you and was used on the place card table!
The beautiful views...
Pretty centerpieces for tables....

The sweet cake, notice the sleeping baby!

You know I love gift wrapping! I couldnt' resist getting this pair of adorable bears to add on top


HOUSE UPDATES OK lots going on this week, the buzz word is definitely the kitchen. Its really starting to look like a kitchen and the long awaited limestone hood got put in yesterday!! Very exciting to see the vision come alive. I am loving it and cannot stop staring....just love the kitchen. I am awaiting the rest of appliances (pay no attention to the funny looking temporary stove that we had to place there to get the CO)! Upstairs last coat of paint getting done, and all we are waiting for is the carpeting for some of the bedrooms and the shower doors, other than that we are nearly done upstairs..woo hoo! Finally the stone is coming in for the front door and surround and our main stair railing is coming in next week. So over the next few weeks BIG changes are on the horizon!! Enough talking, let me show you......
I would not do this color but this idea I think is a little more along the lines of what the house is calling for, thinking a dark bronze

Other 4 possibilities......



This one is a little ornate but this company does incredible work!
Marble decisions continue but think I am just about there!
The long awaited hood getting put in!
The brackets just got installed.....yippee!
Wall going to family room features a pair of cabinet hutches, there will a wire grill going on the doors

Loving my island, will like it more with the white marble instead of the plyboard......
Husbands top went in and sink and faucet, now we need to get his vanity stained and glazed
Love polished nickel...so elegant

Loving my black island...still a lot to do but you get the idea!
Refrigerator and freezer got installed and panels applied, now awaiting hardware samples

Breakfast room bay getting last coat of paint/glaze
Breakfast room looking into kitchen

Final "limed oak" finish in breakfast room
Peeking into kitchen from breakfast room

Choosing a fabric for powder room in kitchen powder room.....here are the choices!
Choice 1 is more greens, pale yellow, white and gray
Choice 2 is soft blues, grays and whites
Closer up.....
Marble top installed on guest room counter top
 
Sons #1 bathroom done except for cabinet hardware and shower door!
Love the clean fresh appeal
Don't know why this came out so yellow, but tried two pretty colors, for my closet and sm. office

Ben Moores, silver mist...(a little more gray)
Farrow and Ball borrowed light (hard to tell but more blue than gray)
Stark sent over these loaner panels, one is pretty but totally wrong and the other while beautiful is way too gold

Close up of guest powder room floor, perhaps that Schumacher is best after all?
Here it is as a reminder...thoughts?

TOMATOES. Many in blogland have been talking about natures best, the seasons picks and all the goodness coming from the farm and fruit stands. Tomatoes reign supreme for me! Nothing in the world like a still warm, ripe, juicy tomato right off the vine! I have been using them a lot in all their variations. Have been using them in omelets, making tons of brushetta ( could live on the stuff), tried Emerils stuffed tomatoes (which were very good) and made a fresh tomato pizza, my kids love homemade pizza which I make every few weeks, so needless to say we have been eating lots of tomatoes! Definitely something I am really loving this week......




WILLIAMS SONOMA Had to send a gift to someone and after seeing a post my buddy, Desiree from Chic Coastal Living did on a few of their goodies, went to check them out. Not only did I find a great gift, but I also found so many other beautiful items. William Sonoma is looking better than ever!! I am so impressed with their entire line...here are some takeaway highlights for me.....
Love the pomegranate serving bowl, comes with matching bowls (This is what I bought her with matching bowls)

Gorgeous crewel place mats, perfect for fall entertaining

Always love navy and white, part of their mix and match program


Beautiful textiles...great colors!
Love a square place mat

Pretty wicker cloche

How great are these acrylic monogrammed glasses for outside!

Love this banquette for a breakfast or dining seating

Great reclaimed table

SOME QUALITY TIME OUTDOORS. Haven't done this in months but last night I came home utterly wiped out and emotionally spent. I made myself a cocktail to unwind, took a few of my favorite design books out on the patio, sat down and RELAXED. I took a deep breath, enjoying the picture perfect weather (0 humidity and really nice breeze..thanks Irene) and felt all the pressure and stress literally melt away. It was wonderful and I sat there thinking, about why I haven't done this much more often! So when my husband came home,he joined me and we sat there for about an hour talking, relaxing and enjoying the peace. I must say it was wonderful! That was definitely something I was loving this week,this picture is not us but it certainly gives you the vibe!




Well everyone that's a wrap up for me! I would love to know as always if there is anything that you are loving this week...do tell! Also don't forget about the awesome Peter Callahan giveaway that Kate from Party Resources and I are offering. Click here to get the details (you must leave a post on each of our blogs to be eligible) Have a wonderful day!
















No comments:

Post a Comment