Friday 26 August 2011

Pretty posts to ponder, part II AND Irene is coming!

Hi there and happy Friday! First want to say to anyone who is in the path of that meanie, Irene...be safe and hope you will take the precautions that the our local authorities and the government are advising. I am not one to ever get too worked up over things like this, however this time I am taking it a bit more seriously and erring on the side of caution. Just to be sure, I am stocked up on my candles, batteries, flashlights, dry food and water. I made the very brave move of going to the local market this morning where some were acting like the Apocalypse was arriving at our doorstep any minute.
Then in the 2 minutes it took me to unload my groceries to my car, I kid you not, I witnessed TWO fender benders in the mayhem that ensued in the crazy loony toon zone parking lot. Seriously, it is scary but this is when people need to remain calm. All I kept thinking was get me home in one piece! There was not a water bottle to be had, forget a case, but I have 3 at home so think I am fine. How about you? Is this affecting you where you are?  Hoping this will have a lesser impact than what they are predicting and come Monday morning we will all go back to normal! But if for some reason you don't hear from me on Monday or Tuesday it will be because of lost power ..... and you know just who to blame!

Quick side note..did anyone recieve their 10 lb arm weights Restoration Hardware new catalog entitled "Fall 2011 source book", it is GINORMOUS, my poor mailbox could barely hold it!

I am back with another fabulous round of posts to ponder. Figured its a perfect weekend to spend inside and catch up on some fantastic posts you may have missed! Think of this as a mini awards show handing out blog awards to different bloggers for exceptionally beautiful and well done posts that touched, awed or wowed me in some way. Of course there are many many more, that I have saved in my little treasure trove of keepers but those will come out in the next round. These are all winners and I think you will be very happy to take a little break and go through each and every one.




Truth is, on any given day there are so many fabulous posts to bookmark that are worth saving so this is a drop in the bucket of all the goodness. If there is a particular post you have seen that you felt this way about and want to share, let me know about it in the comments section! Always fun to discover something, new, beautiful, informative and inspirational. I am headed to the house (where else) for a few appts. and then coming back to "batten down the hatches". Wishing you a wonderful day and now those posts I am talking about.......stay safe to anyone in Irene's path!


CASTLES CROWNS AND COTTAGES  Such a beautiful and inspiring, moving post (turn speakers on for full effect)





http://wwwcastlescrownscottages.blogspot.com/2011/08/breakfast-at-tiffanys.html
__________________________________________________
MEADOWBROOK FARM A truly beautiful wedding on the farm that you must see!





http://themeadowbrookblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/big-day.html?
________________________________________________________
STONE GABLE A setting fit for a queen

________________________________________________________
THE LETTERED COTTAGE A story I promise you won't regret checking out

PLEASE visit this and PLEASE watch the video. I PROMISE you that you will be glad you did (get a tissue)
_______________________________________________________
HOME BUNCH Gorgeous beach house!
http://www.homebunch.com/page/9/ (you must click on pg.9 at bottom of page)
_______________________________________________________
THE FRENCH TANGERINE How does your garden grow?
______________________________________________________
BELCLAIRE HOUSE A peek inside the ultimate beach house from "Its Complicated"
__________________________________________________________
ECLECTIC REVISITED Elegant spaces to stay cool in!
__________________________________________________
PARTY RESOURCES This is to me one of the most amazing wedding videos I have ever seen, think you will agree!
________________________________________________________
SPLENDID SASS Dream house in Ponte Vedre....love this house!
___________________________________________________
UNDER SPANISH MOSS Beautiful inspiration
_____________________________________________
HOME STORIES A 2 Z Find out how to make an office out of a closet!
__________________________________________________
THE RICH LIFE (ON A BUDGET) over 20? Then you will love this......
____________________________________________________
VELVET AND LINEN...explore the Paris flea  market with Brooke
____________________________________
KATIE DID What a fun way to spend time with your girlfriends!
______________________________________________________
SPLENDEROSA pure beauty for your eyes to behold

_________________________________________________________
VIGNETTE DESIGNS Gorgeous tablescapes....


_________________________________________________________
CLASSIC CASUAL HOME Talk about a brilliant do it yourselfer!
______________________________________________________
COTE DE TEXAS Love Joni's new living room redo!

_________________________________________________________
RENEE FINBERG If this won't melt your heart, don't know what will!


________________________________________________________
LA POUYETTE  Like monograms and linen? You have to see this!



____________________________________________________
THE ENCHANTED HOME Because I wish I was in the Hamptons right now! (had to include this)




Would love for you to let me know which you loved after you have visited some or all! Wishing you well, enjoy your weekend and most important stay safe to all those in Irene's path!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment