Sunday 9 October 2011

Marble rocks!

Good morning! OK, if you have been coming here for any period of time you know I LOVE marble, especially white marble...ahhhhh, so beautiful! I have gotten so many emails from people either contemplating on using marble or people who want to down the road but the fear of God has been placed in them about doing so. I personally always say for me there was/is no second choice. I would rather have cardboard than anything else but marble. It is so rich, elegant and timeless. 

I always go back to how it is used in Europe...it is EVERYWHERE. In every pizzeria, every fine restaurants kitchen countertops, in small bakeries and cafes, on building steps for Petes sake, in virtually every hotel lobby and bathroom.....I mean everywhere you look, there is marble! Marble that has been there many many years. What does that tell you? Tells me a lot. In my old house where we lived for seven years, I had Carerra on my countertops, did it have a random nick or small imperfection here or there? Of course, did I love it any less....NO! In fact I loved how that added to the character of the stone, gave it that worn patina and there literally wasn't a day that I walked into my kitchen that I didn't marvel at how beautiful it looked. So clearly my love for marble is strong, unwavering and here to stay! Today a look at marble and why it rocks!

Prime example of white marble's beauty in the kitchen, love it on the coutertops and going all the way up in subways.....perfection! Collection 17
Beautiful mini subway bricks adorn this fabulous backsplash
Nothing like a long stretch of scrumptious white marble...love it! Peter Pennoyer
Look familiar?
Since its covered up now, this gives me another chance to enjoy it!
No its not a carpet, its inlaid marble! New Ravenna
A set of very old white marble steps in Umbria, Italy
Beautiful inlaid marble mosaic backsplash....New Ravenna
Never met a white marble sink I didn't love! Massucco Warner Miller
Love the mile long bar at Eastern Standard (we always go when in Boston) of Calcutta Gold! (and you just know lots of red wine is being poured on that baby)
Stunning, the way this honed tumbled white carerra marble is used for the vanity area and tub, Veranda.
You can never have enough....case in point is this bathroom!
Just want to point out the WHITE CARERRA MARBLE TOPPED tables being used in this restaurant
Why not use the whole block? Talk about creating drama! David Powell
Love how an entire slab was used for this backsplash and island...fabulous!
A gorgeous white carerra marble bar in Todd English's Food Plaza..case in point, it works!! 
Nothing like a huge slab of thick gorgeous white marble to top an island!
Check out this vine detailing all in marble by none other than New Ravenna!
Love this bar smothered in delicious white marble!!
Beautiful sink and flooring in white marble...Gast
Fountains meant to brave the outdoor elements are made in marble! New Ravenna
And how about this wonderful candy bar in Atlanta? Yep, white marble countertops and white marble topped tables!!
Perhaps the ultimate indulgence in marble, a sumptuous bath tub!!



So what do you think? Are you already a fan of marble? Do you have it or would you use it? Would love to know!! Wishing everyone a happy Sunday!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment