Friday 14 October 2011

Things I am loving Friday and house updates!


First things first.....a winner has been selected for the signed Farrow and Ball book!! Congratulations to.............

Elizabeth from Pine cones and Acorns!!


Prize IDWinner IDPublic InfoPrivate InfoRandom Sorting IDWeight
1: Book22Elizabeth pine cones/acorns428639fc-7383-4f5c-93c7-01c2e9da5a9d

Please contact me so I can arrange to have this wonderful book sent to you!





Hi and good morning. Been a busy week here, a very crazy week punctuated by some great times (my oldest sons birthday, so proud of him) and some very hectic and stressful times as well, mostly house biz that I cannot wait to be over!
Ever have one of those weeks where literally every five minute block is counted for? Well, that's been my week. It was over the top, to the point that I had to even think about having enough time to grab a cup of coffee, and all I craved was a single hour with nothing to do. At last, today is finally that day where I only have one thing to do and other than that the day is all mine...am so looking forward to it! Then of course are my normal house updates and a few things I am loving. Hope you are having a great week, anything you are loving....I would love to hear about! And last, I know we all like to know which bedroom "won" from this weeks "Which would you choose" so here are the top four. I practically needed an accountant to help me "crunch the numbers" there was such a big response to this post. Thank you all for participating in the fun, I really love seeing what everyone is loving.

                                                 1st place with a whopping 54 votes





                                             2nd place not far behind with 50 votes





                                                       3rd place with 36 votes


4th place with a respectable 27 votes

What can I say? My readers have exquisite taste!! These were my top four as well and it was a dead tie between the first two for me. No wonder we all like each other:)





Also if I may make a comment about leaving comments. I get many, many emails a day  which I try to answer, but many of these are from people wanting to leave a comment thinking that by emailing me they are leaving a comment. To leave a comment, you click on "Leave a comment" on the bottom and there is a small down menu which will give you the option to sign in with gmail or blogger or just list your name or sign in anonymously. That is the way you should be leaving comments. Please only email me if you have questions or a something to say not related to commenting on a post. Many thanks!

And now onto the post....

HOUSE UPDATES. This week is really anti climatic in terms of what I have to show you. There is a lot going on BUT whats happening is as soon as they are done, they are covering up everything! I can't wait to furiously start ripping off the paper and boards! On top of that, I haven't been able to get to the house much this week, but by next week will have pictures of the front being put up (limestone surround for front door), finished family room, the color came out amazing, the floors upstairs are done! So, I think next week will be a little more exciting as far as house updates but nevertheless, here are a few pictures...

They had to uncover the stairs just for an afternoon so I took a few pictures, but its all covered up again



Living room is done, but being used as a temporary storage/workshop
Egg and dart almost done here, hard to see it was getting dark
Clearing area past future patio

Master all done, floors are finished and therefore covered up




              The following is the finished landing of the back stair hall (not yet stained though)





Closets are getting done, this is our downstairs guest closet
Molding about done on main floor arches
Love how they finished out the window sills in the stair hall






A MOVIE I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE. My afternoons with Marguerite......has anyone seen this French film? This looks so wonderful and endearing, you got to hand it to the Europeans, they are still producing quality movies about real stories about real people. Unlike Hollywood who seems to think if there is not an excess amount of vulgarity, blood, violence, sex and raunchiness they won't sell (sadly they are probably right). Just my humble opinion though every now and then a great movie does come along (just wish it was more often). On a side note, went to see "Whats your number" with a friend (who wanted to see it, I knew nothing about it) It was possibly the worst "chic flick" I have ever seen, do not waste you ten dollars this movie totally exemplifies to perfection my point above. On the other hand this looks like a very sweet tender story......Click here to see the short but entertaining trailer. Going next week with a dear friend and cannot wait!

It is basically about this huge almost illiterate man who has a chance encounter sitting next to this highly intelligent ,well read cultured older lady, and she soon opens up a new world to him by reciting poetry, and sharing her love of reading with him as they have regular meetings in the park, in turn allowing him to reveal an intellect he didn't know he had. She opens a new world for him and thus a beautiful friendship develops...how sweet is that!! (Plus anything with Gerard Depardieu.....)

A ROOM UNDERWAY. I am so excited, one room we have started working on to complete is our family room. We selected, after looking many months, the rug which was found at Safavieh in NYC! Once then, did it allowed us to plow ahead into looking for fabrics and furniture to complete the family room, no doubt the one room we will living in. I am really loving what I have so far......mostly rich blues, camels with a check and herringbone, very "Ralph". So a little sneak peak at the rug and as to what we are doing.....
No,  that's not me up there...another customer!


Fabrics....so far blue will be the big sofa, the check will be a covered ottoman and the seat of a leather chair, herringbone will be a pair of chairs and that paisley will be possibly a chair and definitely pillows.

FUN BOOTS. How cute are these? I love them! Discovered them on horse country chic, and am ordering myself a pair TODAY and lo and behold its raining AGAIN. Wish I had them today. You know my love for monograms and NY has never seen so much rain, so these are a must have. Love the idea! Click here to visit the Zoubaby's website.

Well, that's about it on this end...would love to know if there is anything that you are loving or want to share! Would love to know. Wishing you all a wonderful day.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment