Friday 15 March 2013

A St. Patrick's Day Tour of My Green Living Room


**********************************************

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I know SPD isn't for two more days, but when March 17th falls on a Sunday, the celebration lasts all weekend.  To kick off the festivities, I'd like to give you a tour of my favorite green room - my living room.  You may remember that I started making over the room back in the summer.  It started off looking like this.

 
My makeover strategy was to remove all of the busy red accents in the room and concentrate on creating a peaceful green room.  This was my inspiration photo.

I already had a great green velvet couch.  I just needed to move some furniture around and layer in some accent pieces and artwork.   Here's what it looks like now.

At one point I moved the coffee table into the basement and started my search for the perfect living room coffee table.  I never found that perfect table, so this one came back up.

It was an Overstock.com purchase.  The legs were metallic pewter when it arrived.  I wasn't feeling that finish, so I coated the legs in oil-rubbed bronze spray paint.  I added the baskets, too.  A faux croc tray keeps everything on the table in one place.

The Custom Soliloquy Giclee prints from Ballard Designs were a bargain from the outlet.  Read about how I got a great price here.

Speaking of Ballard Outlet bargains, the Olivia side tables (which are exactly the same as the table in the inspiration photo) were another great find.  They didn't come with the glass tops, so I had to visit a local glass shop to have them cut.  They were about $20 each.

I love this new lamp.  It was a recent purchase from TJMaxx.  I bought a second one for my office.

The lamps on either side of the couch came from Pottery Barn.

Did you notice the pillows in the room?  I made them all this morning.  I realize I probably need a few more, but that will be a project for another day.

These stools not only provide extra seating, but the tops lift off to provide extra storage.

Green is my absolute favorite color, so it stands to reason that I would have a green room in my house.  I must say, I'm very happy with the way the living room turned out.  The colors are very neutral and soothing.  I can't wait to use it.  It will be the perfect space for celebrating St. Patrick's Day.

SOURCES
  • Large Tree canvases, small iron side tables - Ballard Designs Outlet
  • Lamps beside couch and shades - Pottery Barn
  • Lamp beside chair, three storage stools, coffee table baskets - Home Goods
  • Rug - Tuesday Morning
  • Couch - purchased locally about 9 years ago
  • Throw on couch, green leaf bowl - Target
  • Tray on coffee table - TJMaxx
  • Chairs in corners - Bassett Furniture
  • Coffee table - Overstock.com

Linking To:
 
HookingupwithHoH

shabby creek cottage It's Overflowing

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Life on Lakeshore Drive

UndertheTableandDreaming Home Stories A2Z


Today's Creative Blog My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Debbiedoo'sTDC Before and After

    No comments:

    Post a Comment