Wednesday 6 March 2013

Spring Has Sprung


Spring has sprung!  Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell Mother Nature.  Here in southern Ohio, we woke up to four inches of snow and a school cancellation.  The chilly temperatures and lack of sun didn't stop me from sprinkling a few spring touches around the house.  I thought you might be interested in seeing a few.

Let's start at the beginning.  A springy wreath is hung on the front door to welcome guests.

Did you notice that I opted to take the photo of the wreath from inside the house?  Here's why I didn't go outside.
 Brrrrrr...
 
In keeping with the spring theme, this sweet little guy landed on the vanity in our newly redecorated powder room.

If you've been around here for awhile, you may have seen this apothecary jar.  At Christmas time, I filled it with colorful ornaments (seen here).  For New Year's I filled it with glittery metallic ornaments (seen here).  I love these shimmery Easter eggs (purchased last year at Kirklands).
 
They almost look like they're submerged in water and little air bubbles are forming on the outside.
 
This little rabbit sneaks a peak at my girls in their dresses from an Easter gone by.
 
I like to have fresh flowers in the spring, and this bunny with a basket delivers a pretty purple bouquet.

Speaking of flowers, tulips are a traditional symbol of spring.  I don't have much luck keeping them looking fresh for any length of time, but I like to splurge and buy a bouquet once or twice each spring.


The oven is decked out in it's Easter best.  This cute little dish towel was a recent Home Goods purchase.

I kept the kitchen table centerpiece simple.  I just placed a porcelain rabbit figurine atop a cake plate and flanked it with my Easter salt and pepper shakers.
 
The candy filled hurricanes that I told you about last week were placed on the mantel next to a set of preserved boxwood topiaries.
 
I also dressed up the topiary by wrapping it in a scrap of burlap and tying a bow around it.  This is how it looked before.
 
Finally, I wanted to show you this fun snow globe I recently picked up at Home Goods.  It won't be a part of my spring décor this year because it is going to be an Easter gift for my youngest daughter.  She collects snow globes, loves animals, and her favorite color is turquoise, so I know she's going to love it.  Maybe if I'm nice to her, she'll let me use it to decorate for spring next year.
 
The first day of spring is just two weeks away, and Easter is just over three weeks away.  Have you started getting ready yet?  
 
Linking To:
 
HookingupwithHoH

shabby creek cottage It's Overflowing

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Life on Lakeshore Drive

UndertheTableandDreaming Home Stories A2Z


Today's Creative Blog My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Debbiedoo'sTDC Before and After


BlogButton

No comments:

Post a Comment