Saturday 18 May 2013

Late week musings.....

Hello, can't believe it's Friday. Having been away for part of the week, it really feels like it flew! Hope you are well and have had a good week. I will be out of town today but will hopefully be back with a post on Sunday, if not for sure Monday. Wishing you a fabulous spring weekend, let's get started.......



My house. Everything is in bloom around here and I am loving it! The azaleas are magnificent in all their vivid pinks and reds, normally I am a "white flower" kind of gal but have to say I make an exception for these beauties...against the backdrop of the lush greenery coming into bloom, everything looks so pretty. I forgot just how beautiful spring is, have a look........





This is my favorite spot on our property, an old pond/fountain (no longer in use) but we are restoring it. We kept the landscape just as it's always been, mature and very lush...it truly feels like a little enchanted garden, and there is the original birdbath which we also kept in the same place, its a very special serene place......






The little "trail" that leads up to the house...........






















 
Great food. You can always count on me to come up with something good on this subject! If I wasn't on a diet, this is what I would be attempting to make, how good does this look!!!!!!!! Visit the Greedy Gourmand here to get the lowdown on how to  make it......it's as pretty as delicious I am sure!




The Mayflower Inn and Spa. Just in case you missed my post/review on my recent stay at this incredible place, you must visit the post, click here.



Artwork. I had sweet Jeanne of I dream of make up my logo, she is a very talented artist and she did a spectacular job. I had shared the completed work here last year but just recently got the original art and it is just so beautiful. Jeanne  had to take some time off due to a relative's illness but hopefully she will be back in blogland soon, I know her presence has been missed greatly. I am so happy to have this beautiful artwork as a keepsake of her amazing talent.  Thanks again Jeanne!






Crests. I have such a "thing" for them....am always drawn to them. Was in an antique shop a few weeks ago in CT. and spotted this spectacular set of antique prints beautifully framed, so excited!! I needed to do a minor repair on them and they are back and ready to be hung! There are so many places I could put these......





Shop news. I am adding a bunch of new wonderful Staffordshire doggies to my shop. Dogs remain super popular and are just a wonderful decorative motif for virtually any kind of home. Some of these are bigger than some of my current ones and then I am adding some fabulous colors like orange, pink and red in the minis! Aren't they beautiful! These will up for sale by the weekend.


Love this family of dogs......wonderful!

Love this family! 7 X 6.5 X 3 
Mini Staffordshires in fun colors, too cute.....


And this larger pair in orange.....

8.6 x 6 x 9

How cute are these (comes with one left and one right facing dog)  8 x 5 x 11 (comes in 2 colorways)




And very excited about a few new exceptionally beautiful additions to the statuary line (I literally want one of everything).....all of these as of today will be up in my online store! This line is just exceptoinal, and every item is offered in one of 6 finishes...the white moss (shown) being the most popular.



Adore this dog holding the basket of flowers, perfect for flanking a front door or on a patio 9 x 16 x 24

And this stunning planter shown on the garland pedestal, also both now listed (I have ordered this identical pair for myself).......




And how beautiful is this for a garden, a trio of cherubs....love it!   19 x 19 x 23


And this beautiful  shell urn finial atop something or placed on the ground as a pair, very elegant, 8 x10 x 15

And this beautiful oversized acorn finial, beautiful atop something or as a pair by a door...14 x 14 x 29 (also comes in one size smaller)........

22 x 7 x 30 Beautiful crest frieze

Cromel overdoor frieze...love this!! 32 x 18 x 4


So there you have it! That's what new and exciting over here. What's going on in your world? Do you have spring fever yet?  Hope the sun is shining over where you are and wishing you a wonderful day and end to your week. Be back soon......have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment