Tuesday 24 July 2012

A perfect summer day with Carolyn of Vintage Mulberry

Hi there...so happy to be here with  my next stylish guest for A perfect summer day. Carolyn of Vintage Mulberry's take on a perfect summer day is so in sync with how I can visualize it....love love love her ideas and would be happy to spend a summer day with Carolyn. If you aren't familiar with her truly gorgeous always "chock full of beauty" blog, then you must head over to Vintage Mulberry. I promise you that you will thank me! In addition to her great style, she owns her own shop and lets just say that when not if I take my southern road trip, Vintage Mulberry is an absolute must stop and visit.
Click here to visit her blog and be prepared to be wowed (and addicted on the spot)!! Be sure to also click on the link to her gorgeous Alabama antiques shop brimming with all kinds of spectacular finds. Carolyn has superb taste, one look at her uber charming and gorgeous antiques store and you just might be tempted to road trip it down south unless you are lucky to be near her already...if so I am jealous! So thank you Carolyn and thanks to everyone for stopping in! Here we go with Carolyn's take on a perfect summer day.......


My perfect summer day would start at this time of the morning (or afternoon)....8:00 am



The bedroom I wake up in would look something like this……
all decorated in creams, taupes and a sprinkling of blue fabrics; vaulted ceiling, large windows with curtains billowing from the ocean breeze with almost that "Out of Africa" feel!




And my bathroom like this...….
Hardwood or marble floors? hmmm… marble countertops and stone surround for the shower with large "rain head" shower heads! Stainless steel or white porcelain free standing tub….Large window with open shutters because no one can see in!




A favorite beauty product I love to use during the summer...…..
My Cool Colada lotion because it always makes me remember the beach!

And this is an ideal summer outfit that you might find me frolicking in…
A cute summer dress in coral or white; Tori Burch sandals, large hoop earring,louis vuitton purse,gold cuff bracelet…white Michele watch






My view from my bedroom in the summer looks like this……
It's low tide, white fluffy clouds, turquoise water, small waves lapping the sandy shore



And of course this perfect summer day is located in......…..St. John, VI




For breakfast I would indulge in…Sliced cantaloupe, honeydew melon, pineapple and french vanilla yogurt 




After I am showered, fed and revved up to start my day, I will.......Head into town to buy some fun things to have for lunch! Shop a little for the dinner party I'm planning later!



For lunch this is my absolute favorite summertime meal...…
Shrimp salad plate with sliced tomatoes and fresh fruit!




An afternoon snack might comprise of...…..
Sliced dill havarti cheese and wheat thins! 




My afternoon activity would be.........Getting a french manicure on my fingers and a pedicure with Turquoise and Caicos on my toes from Essie!




The ideal summer drink is........Long Island Tea!




This is what would be served for my ideal summer dinner......Fresh steamed shrimp, lobster with drawn butter, angel hair pasta tossed with roasted grape tomatoes and a big green salad!



And where I eat it might look like this............….With my husband at a quaint restaurant on a hillside overlooking Chocolate Hole in St. John, white tablecloths,candles on each table.



A perfect summer ending to a perfect summer day would end..........With a beautiful sunset from our balcony, a glass of Sanccere in my hand, candles lit and I'm curled up and reading my latest mystery of choi on a big comfy sofa!




The best part of my summer day is......…..I know it will happen all over again tomorrow!


Bravo Carolyn! I love love your ideas...the outfit, the drinks, all the yummy and healthy food, the view from your balcony and your bedroom...oh my, a dream! Yep think you have summer all figured out, and I am loving every detail! Thanks for stopping in and thank you all for visiting, stop on over to Vintage Mulberry to see what all the fuss is about. Click here to visit!
Wishing everyone an enchanted summer day.


PS!! Don't forget about the AMAZING Safavieh giveaway that was announced yesterday (winner to be announced on Friday), click here for details! Its for a fabulous opportunity to win the most gorgeous rug!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment