Tuesday 31 July 2012

A perfect summer day with Marianne of Marianne Simon Design

Hi and good morning. So happy to be here with yet another favorite blogger for my "A perfect summer day" series. This woman knows style and elegance....and her elegant design work speaks to that so I knew she would hit a home run when she came aboard and as I expected...Marianne of Marianne Simon Design delivered. Hopefully you know of Marianne Simon Design (formally Style for Living)....an elegant blog always with an interesting musing or two and lots of great design inspiration. So happy to have and welcome Marianne here and her perfect summer day looks like winner to me! So here we go......take it away Marianne!



My perfect summer day would start at this time of the morning (or afternoon)…9:00am


The bedroom I wake up in would look something like this……Classic and calm with crisp white sheets, upholstered headboard and a simple flower in a vase on the bedside table.




And my bathroom like this...…. I simply love a beautiful white bathroom.  This one has been a long time favorite of mine.  What a dream shower!


A favorite beauty product I love to use during the summer...….. Chanel lipgloss in the color Sundress



And this is an ideal summer outfit that you might find me frolicking in...….There's nothing better than a pair of jeans, a classic t-shirt and a statement necklace!
My view from my bedroom in the summer looks like this……Who wouldn't want to look out their bedroom and see the Eiffel Tower!?



And of course this perfect summer day is located in.....Paris!



For breakfast I would indulge in...….. A delicious latte.  I would add a croissant to go along with it. 
 

After I am showered, fed and revved up to start my day, I will....go shopping.

For lunch this is my absolute favorite summertime meal.....Ina Garten's roasted shrimp and orzo salad.
  

An afternoon snack might comprise of...….. French macarons, of course!


My afternoon activity would be......… A trip to the spa.  A massage sounds really good right now!

The ideal summer drink is..... A fruit smoothie, always refreshing on a hot summer day.

This is what would be served for my ideal summer dinner……  I love pizza and dream of having an outdoor pizza oven one day.  Yum!
And where I eat it might look like this......A beautiful outdoor space to have friends over and sit by the fireplace.

A perfect summer ending to a perfect summer day would end...... With a nice walk with my dogs in a park.  It's one of their favorite things to do every day.


The best part of my summer day is.....Stress free and relaxing!


Tina, thank you so much for including me in your wonderful summer series!  I am honored to be included!  xo
HOLY MACAROON! I am kind of reeling from how amazing this is and how it has every one of my senses in serious overdrive. Paris? Macaroons? That outdoor fireplace setting? The walk  in a chic Parisian park? The food? The chic outfit? Seriously, Marianne I think you might have just nailed it. Paris and perfect summer day go together like chocolate and caramel, popcorn and butter, cheese and crusty bread...well you get my drift. This is a brilliant idea for the perfect summer day and I would be so delighted to spend it with you if you need a willing and able travel companion who has zero inhibitions about delicious food:) Want to see more of Marianne's wonderful style? Then click on over to her wonderful blog, Marianne Simon design by  clicking here. Merci beaucoup  Marianne for this fabulous post and to all of you for stopping in.....wishing you a wonderful summer day, Au revoir!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment