Tuesday 4 September 2012

A perfect summer day with Desiree of Chic Coastal Living!


Good morning, its time for another fabulous round of A perfect summer day.Before we get started I would like to announce the lucky winner of the french towels, I used randompicker to choose.....and the winner is-

Result:

31  Our French Inspired Home
Please email me so you can provide your shipping details. 

ALSO my monogrammed goodies, all French towels and Staffordshire dog lamps are up and for sale on my shop. Many of you asked and it's done!!

Today you are in for a mega treat. Desiree, the ever so stylish blogger of Chic Coastal Living is with us today and lets just say this girl who resides permanently in Florida knows a thing or two about wonderful summer days and how to spend them! She is always the best resource for chic summer dressing, living and entertaining!
I was not  surprised one bit that she customized a true fairytale of a summer day,  but it was such fun reading over this anyway. Chic Coastal Living features the most fabulous coastal homes, interiors and fashions you can imagine...she has superb style and I love seeing her take on whats new and great looking. I am so happy she joined me for this fun post......ready set lets go! Take it away Desiree........
                                              _____________________________________
Thank you to my dear lovely friend,Tina, for inviting me over to share what I think would be a perfect summer day! This was great fun for me!  Happy Summer everyone! XO, Desiree


My perfect summer day would start at this time of the morning (or afternoon).....My perfect summer day would begin at 7:30 AM. At this time of the day everyone in my house is still sleeping and I can have a few minutes of peace and quite while I start brewing my morning cup of coffee...

The bedroom I wake up in would look something like this......

CHIC COASTAL LIVING

And my bathroom like this.......

master bath
A favorite beauty product I love to use during the summer........
Spice Island bronzer from Lancome...While making sure not to get sun on my face, I do love getting a little sun on my body and this bronzer matches my darker summer skin tone perfectly.

Star Bronzer Bamboo Bronzer
And this is an ideal summer outfit that you might find me frolicking in......I love the look of these simple, chic dresses with flat sandals.

Vogue Editor Valerie Boster
My view from my bedroom in the summer looks like this......

Sunrise in Florida
And of course this perfect summer day is located in...........the coast of California

For breakfast I would indulge in........coffee and and something citrusy.

9

After I am showered, fed and revved up to start my day, I will.......take a dip in the pool

take a dip #splendidsummer
& read a great love story...
#splendidsummer

For lunch this is my absolute favorite summertime meal......fresh avocado salad
Avocado salad

An afternoon snack might comprise of........a savory strawberry icecream cone
icecream
My afternoon activity would be.........going for a short 3-4 mile run along the beach (remember I just ate that huge icecream cone)

The ideal summer drink is.......a delicious pink grapefruit margarita
Pink grapefruit margaritas 1 cup          ruby red grapefruit juice  1/2  cup    fresh squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)  1 cup         triple sec orange liqueur  3 cups      ice  1 cup        silver tequila  1   lime cut in wedges, optional Kosher salt.  Can we make these for your birthday @Francesca Fernandez? :)

This is what would be served for my ideal summer dinner......grilled shrimp and rice...yummmm

Curry-Mango Shrimp
And where I eat it might look like this................
outdoor dining

A perfect summer ending to a perfect summer day would end..........with a bonfire
W Retreat and Spa in Vieques Island

The best part of my summer day is...........taking the time to relax and enjoying the precious gift of having a great day
thankful
OK I don't know about you, but I am seriously craving that avocado salad, that grapefruit drink,  want to take a dip in that pool and heck I will even join her in that run  if it means getting to indulge in such a fantasy of a day! That view from "her" bedroom would hypnotize me every time...unreal!! Thanks so much Desiree for coming aboard and bringing a little summer dreaming into my day, and thanks everyone else for swinging by. Do stop on over to Chic Coastal Home to say hello and introduce yourself! Click here to visit Desiree.

I want to thank all of my super stylish blogging friends for "taking me away" with them on their perfect summer days. I so enjoyed this series but as with all good things, it must come to an end and this is the last post for this series as summer is over :( The good news is that a new fall version  is forthcoming and I promise its fabulous! Enjoy your day.
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment