Hi there and happy Tuesday night to you. Well, we are still digging out of the incredible amounts of snow we got over the weekend but a day of rain has washed some away and left the pristine white snow a muddy dirty color, not so attractive The storm gave me a lot of time (unexpected since we were supposed to be in Boston) on the computer, at home and just catching up. I watched the Grammys Sunday, because I love music for all its many different genres and have to say it was a great one. I felt like everyone went the extra mile to look sophisticated and polished, and everyone seemed to be on their best behavior, for anyone that might have watched, did you feel the same? A lot of random thoughts to share today, mostly girly girl things.....let's begin shall we!
I can't help but think about spring and spring dressing. Being able to throw open the windows, spring flowers budding all over the place, dead grass giving way to newly sprouting greenery, that intoxicating spring air.....can you wait? Now that we have had our huge snowfall that I was praying for, I am totally ready for spring! And when I laid eyes on these stunning blue and white dresses, my heart skipped a beat! How gorgeous are they? In love....and calling my name loud and clear!
I think this one dress here is practically enough to get me started on that diet I have been talking about for too long! Love this dress...it would fit in so well with my ginger jars, they must be related! I have never been drawn to anything by Roberto Cavalli but for these two stunners, I make an exception.....
And this top also by my bud, Roberto....gorgeous, love it with the white slacks!
I would wear this to a spring/summertime party, elegantly understated and so chic (Erdem)
And loving this darling little number, for casual outings during the day, meeting a friend for lunch or a casual dinner al fresco......(Etoile Isabel Marant)
And love this beauty...its like wearing a watercolor masterpiece, Erdem...
Moving onto another favorite subject..food. Have I told you I love mushrooms? Especially stuffed mushrooms! Tried these over the weekend from Pioneer woman and they are sooo good!
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool at least ten minutes before serving; the stuffed mushrooms taste better when not piping hot. Garnish with minced parsley if you’re feeling fancy.
Kim’s makeup artist spills on what products she uses to get Kim red carpet-ready!Joyce Bonelli is Kim Kardashian‘s makeup artist (well, she actually works with the entire family!)
- La Mer The Radiant Serum: “Serum is great to add to your skin routine. After Kim uses Perfect Skin, I then add a tiny bit of La Mer as a primer. Makeup glides on perfectly, and it actually helps perfect skin from makeup and weather.”
- Smashbox bronzer: “I often add bronzer on the forehead and where I contour. Not too much, but just from the ear and about an inch into the hollow of the cheek, just to blend and finish it off. I love Smashbox bronzer.”
- Aquaphor Ointment: Being on airplanes dries your skin out; Joyce uses Aquaphor under the eyes and to spot-treat dry areas or blemishes that are in the process of healing: “I think Aquaphor is the best-kept makeup artists’ secret.” Joyce actually puts Aquaphor all over her own face each night: “Kourtney makes fun of me for going crazy for Aquaphor, but I swear by it!” (Just remember that a little bit goes a long way!)
- Smashbox Brow Tech To Go: “Eyebrows are so important. On Kim I use Smashbox’s eyebrow styling pencil, and we fill it in. We keep her eyebrows groomed in the shape she likes, more round at the peak rather than pointed. So we fill it in a little bit to keep it round, then to finish off the end of the brow. This is the secret about doing eyebrows: I use pretty much a blonde color on everybody. You’re filling in the skin, and you want dimension.”
- Lancôme Hypnôseand L’Oréal Voluminous Mascaras: “It’s all about the eyes. We love Lancôme and L’Oréal mascaras. We always use the combination for big lashes.”
- Professional Makeup [like Ben Nye]: Ever wonder how Kim gets that gorgeous contour on her cheekbones? “To contour, the secret to doing it so it’s not in-your-face is to use a darker foundation. I use professional makeup concealer, which has a heavier consistency, and I apply it with a brush and blend it with a sponge. Then I set it with translucent powder.”
- Ardell Lashes: “A trick to do– and it’s really important to do this– is at the inside corners of the eye, cut the lash off in the direction of your own lashes, at an angle, to taper off the lash. That’s where people go wrong with false lashes.”
Something Blue by Oscar de la Renta
Shop news....To anyone considering these best selling ginger jars...I am down to the last two pair:( I will get them in again but probably not until May, so if you are considering them now is a great time!
Also getting in some beautiful new porcelains which I am very excited about! Heres a sneak peek..... I want one of everything!
This beautiful 13.5" scalloped jar
This gorgeous Canton ginger jar
This fabulous bowl
Both of these stunning soup tureens (blue and whites are hard to find)!
And this very very large ginger jar...a whopping 30" tall!
Very excited about these new pieces...I have found it increasingly hard to find top quality, affordable blue and whites. So I am especially thrilled to have carefully built up my collection, with every single piece being one I would put in my own home (and many are already in fact there)!
Also very excited about introducing a new category ....something near and dear to my heart, tabletop! I love setting a beautiful table and when I find gorgeous, well priced high styled goodies, I immediately want to share them so this is a natural addition to my online shop. Here's a sneak peek......I hope to have this new section up and running in the next 3-5 days.
Love the shapes of the salt and peppers, they are really heavy too
So that's whats cooking over here! Hope you are have a wonderful evening and a great start to your week. Speak to you soon....nighty night:)