Friday 30 August 2013

End of the week musings and a happy Labor day weekend to you!

Hello there...hard to believe its Friday, Labor day weekend and it is nearly the end of summer, kind of crazy huh? I just can't believe it........for me personally this is the fastest summer ever. I feel like I am just revving up with my summer list of "to do"s" and have barely made a dent. Oh well, guess it will have to wait until next year!

I hope whatever you have in store for Labor Day weekend is wonderful and relaxing. We are supposed to be away, so hopefully it will all work out:) Lets get started with my random musings post which is normally a bit of this and that.....


House biz. Besides my dining room chairs which I have to say I really love, I added a pair of my newest ginger jars which are the oversized flat tops with birds and have to say I LOVE them. All these new additions has me really motivated to get busy on the chinoiserie and draperies and then call it a day on my dining room. Goal is to get it done by Christmas. Remember you read it here first:) Take a look.......










Also love preserved  boxwood and am going to soon start carrying a wonderful line I found, these small 6" orbs are perfect for so many containers...


And I got moved one of my blue and white garden seats to the main patio and really like the way it looks......

Got these beautiful framed chinoisersie prints while in Charleston and have to say they were made to go in my powder room. The colors are spot on and so is the theme! Also got some black tole sconce shades and am deciding between the ivory silk or blk tole...thoughts?



 Black or ivory?



You know I love my monogrammed pillows. I have spoken of one of my new favorite resources, Calico Daisy, well take a look at the newest pillows I got from her to be added in my guest room.....just playing right now, got in a pair, not sure where their final resting place will be:)



A great charity. Are you familiar with Donors choose? A friend told me about it years ago and I love the mission, helping teachers all across the country who need help purchasing materials, supplies and necessities for students in need that are part of schools that underfunded. You get to choose which project you want to support. Love this organization.





An amazing DIY from a reader. My reader shared this amazing bedroom makeover with me and it was so pretty...I had to share it. I marvel at her resourcefulness and know we all appreciate a good home makeover! She did a fabulous job.....below is a commentary that she shared with me on how this came to be.

I have just completed a DIY bed for my guest room.  Your planters are so similar, I decided I would share my project with you.

I wanted an antique cane bed, but they were between $4,000 and $7,000.  And none of the antiques came in Queen.  So, I bought a new cane bed and some architectural molding appliques.
 They are paintable, stainable and flexible(bend
able
)
.  I had never used them before.

 I am also sending pics of the bed without the appliques(pic from manufacturer).


I glued the appliques to the bed, then painted and distressed them with glazing.  I also painted the bed crown to match.  I am really pleased with the way it turned out.  And the best part is, it cost about 1,000!










Visiting hundreds of tag sales from your computer? Yep you heard right. Are you familiar with Everything but the house? Its a genius site that share tags  sales and their contents from all over the country, you can bid online and let me tell you there are some amazing finds. Click here to check it out.



My style in clothing Pinterest board. I have to say, I am kind of in love with this board and if Pinterest ever crashed, I would be heartbroken because it is giving me a chance to really hone in on all that I love in one convenient place,  so here are a few new additions to that board. Click here if you want to see more pretties!














Paint colors. Are you considering changing the color of a room or two? Or three? If so this post is a must see. My buddy, Luciane of Home Bunch did a post on Benjamin Moore paints that was fabulous, so many amazing examples. I am convinced in this one post alone, you could make an educated decision! Take a look.....and click here to visit!





Photobucket

Store biz. Things are starting to heat up as summer ends and fall is nearly here and the official shopping season is soon going to start. I have all kinds of exciting things in store! Finally added the magnificent new pagodas in both blue and white and solid white along with the white pagoda lamps. Plus the new six sided ginger jar....all things I am smitten over! Take a look.....








And adding these stunning new flat top jars in various sizes, first the really big flat top (the same as on my dining room table) 11" x 11" x 13"




The first two are 9" (standard height) These below are not yet added but if you are interested, just contact me here





 And these are the minis, about 5.5-6" tall....



I also plan on adding some more much loved items to the personal accessories. The good news is for all of you who inquired about "the bag" it is coming..woo hoo! I will announce it on my blog when they are actually here but they are coming and I am really excited, getting them in about 6-8 colors....





And also hope to  be adding some pieces from a fabulous cashmere company I have bought from many times, beautiful featherweight cashmere scarves and wraps and best part is I will discount approx. 30%!  Will keep you posted.

This week I am not offering the steal and deal because I will not be here this weekend, but next week I  have some really great buys to announce:)


Being it's Labor Day weekend, thought this conveneient little chart on the ins and outs of Labor Day was neat to have at your fingertips with all kinds of fun facts and statistics.......


Thanks as always for stopping in. I want to wish all of you a very happy and safe Labor Day weekend, hope whatever you are doing is loads of fun and relaxing. We will catch up next week! Enjoy......


No comments:

Post a Comment