Monday 5 August 2013

We've Moved! (All the Details Plus a Before and After Tour of the Ohio House)


I'm not sure anyone really noticed that I've been absent from the blog for most of the past four months. I'd like to think I was missed. For those I you who did notice and who have been wondering where I went, today's the day I spill the beans. My family and I have moved back to the south!  I've spent the past several months getting the house in Ohio ready to go on the market and helping my family transition into an apartment in our new town.  After more than a month in the apartment, which seemed to get smaller every day, we moved into our new house.  Since the apartment was just a temporary arrangement, I didn't bother to set up wifi or cable, which limited my ability to publish blog posts and read my favorite blogs.   When we finally got into the house, it took a full two weeks for the wifi and telephone services to get set up.  I'm so relieved that we have wifi again - I was suffering from some serious Internet withdrawal symptoms!  I've missed reading my favorite blogs and publishing posts of my own, and I can't wait to get back to it.

It's hard to believe that it's been two full years since we moved into our house in Ohio.  Making the stark, contemporary house into a comfortable home for my family has been a labor of love. Let's take a look at how far the house has come, one floor at a time.  I thought it would be fun to compare the MLS photos from when we bought the house to the MLS photos from when we were selling it.  The first floor is the obvious place to start our little tour.

ENTRY
Before
 
After 
 



LIVING ROOM 
Before

After



DINING ROOM 
Before

After



GREAT ROOM
Before
 
After 



KITCHEN
Before

After




POWDER ROOM
Before
 
After

 

 


LAUNDRY ROOM
Before

After




That's it for the first floor.  I don't want to bore anyone with an overly lengthy post, so I'll share the other two floors in upcoming posts.  I hope you'll stop back to check them out.

I almost hate to leave the house, but I'm happy to trade it all for the opportunity to return to the small town where my kids spent most of their young lives.  We closed on the new house on July 1st.  The new house has a pool, which has my husband extremely excited.  I think my daughters are most excited about being back in their old school district with kids they have known since kindergarten.  As for me, I'm most excited about being able to share the process of turning this new house into a home with you!  Please keep checking back for updates and a tour of our new house.

Savvy Southern Style, Home Stories A to Z, , House of Hepworths, It's Overflowing, Beneath My Heart, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia,  Domestically Speaking, Home(work) Wednesday, Coastal Charm

No comments:

Post a Comment