Tuesday 20 August 2013

It's all Greek to me!

Hello there! I have developed a serious Greek key crush. I am not sure how or when it started, but Mary as in Mary McDonald just might have something to do with that:) I love her style and abundant use of this very classic and elegant design motif. I have found myself drawn to many things featuring the Greek Key, and have purchased trim recently for pillows for both my living room and my bedroom. I am on a bit of a "Greek key" kick. How about you? Like it as well?

Today, a post all about how fabulous this motif looks in a variety of settings and styles. Whether in a traditional or modern home or something in between, it just works!  I have to say it's such an elegant, clean and beautiful look....I think its here to stay! Hope you enjoy........

 Greek key done to perfection, Rinfret

They always look fabulous in pillows.....in any color

 Even in very traditional room, Greek key offers up a modern, crisp detailing, Rinfret

 How about adding the Greek key to a lighting element for an extra kick......

 This is quite spectacular, a Greek key motif iron door...wow!

 Love the impact in an otherwise monochromatic room, the Greek key velvet is the perfect accent!
 Versace even gets the Greek key love.....

 Greek key always works in keeping a bathroom crisp and clean


And to show I practice what I preach two of the belljars I sell featuring the beautiful Greek key in my shop

 Love this elegant way to dress up a bathroom vanity, gorgeous! Cris Angsten Interiors

The wide Greek key tape has become a iconic design must have
 Gorgeous as a beautiful accent in this scrumptious bedroom, Rinfret

 LOVE the Greek key stenciled floors....so fabulous looking!

 Mary McDonald certainly knew what she was doing with this much talked about bedroom, gorgeous!

 Stunning in these chic end tables!
 So elegant as a design motif for this elegant stationery

 Lovely living room with Greek Key motif by Bradley Hughes
 Striking and dramatic dining room with bold Greek key detailing.....

Love the ultra wide tape used as a perfect accent in this fabulous room, Rinfret

 I love this table, its a subtle way to add a beautiful decorative element while keeping things still monochromatic, VT Interiors

And how amazing is this Greek key floor......wow! AD
 Mary McDonald designed this fabulous tonal room, amazing how that one Greek key element has such impact!

Even done as a subtle detailing, its quite beautiful!

 Really like this light and airy bedroom with the Greek key detailing on the linens, Sadie and Stella

 LOVE this settee with the neutral Greek key pillow, even in the most traditional settings, this motif is perfection!

These appliques have become really popular, a quick and easy way to dress up an old chest!


Love this beautiful setting and the fabulous Greek key coffee table, Tobi Fairely

 Gorgeous mirror!
To me, velvet and Greek key trim go together like peanut butter and jelly, sooooo pretty!!
 I also like the fact that Greek key can be easily mixed with other patterns and work beautifully

In clean crisp transitional spaces, Greek key works as beautifully as it does in more traditional ones.

Well.....what do you think? Ready to go Greek? Do you like the look of adding some kind of Greek motif to a room as much as I do? What is your favorite way to use it? Do tell! Thanks for stopping in, wishing you a fabulous day.



Don't forget about the wonderful tole planter giveaway!! I will announce a winner on Thursday.  If you have not seen the new tole custom line I will be carrying, you must not miss it...click here for all details


No comments:

Post a Comment